10.18.2009

The new Dyson D25... according to my mother.

So far, I am in process of convincing 6 people to make a blog. Probably only 2 will for sure make one. :)

Today is the Lord's Day so I'm just going to church... I should probably start getting ready soon. It's my mom's turn to bring food so our kitchen smells spicy. My mom is such a good cook...

But she also has a weird obsession with vacuum cleaners. She probably gone through at least a dozen this summer... and by "gone through," I mean purchasing one, deciding she doesn't like it, returning it, and replacing it... this probably takes a time period of a whole week. Right now she's got her eyes on the new Dyson model. Keep your eyes on the prize, Umma!

She rarely talks about her childhood, but when she does, it makes me realize how hard her life was and how hard she's trying to make our lives better. She hates eating ramen because that's all she ate as a child... she loves mushrooms because they were a luxury for her back then. Someday I hope I can make it all up to her. The one thing she wants (I'm talking materially here) is a diamond ring. You'll get that ring, Umma. Someday. :)

4 comments:

  1. haha we use a vacuum from like the stone age

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it the kind that doesn't require electricity? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. more like the one u put water in a little thing and the actual "vacuum" part is a little box that roll around and it has like pipe that comes out that connects to the idk what would you call it the "sucker?"

    yeahhhh anyways thats what its like, we do have a roomba but its really loud

    ReplyDelete