10.22.2009

Enjoying this beautiful life that was created by God.

I saw Cassie today and it was nice to have an "only Cassie and Michelle" time. It feels good to know that I have a best friend like Cassie. Sure, we didn't have the chance to spend our high school years together, but it's nice to finally spend a lot of time with her now. Because we missed like four years away from each other, it's surprising how close we still are. There are a lot of things that Cassie doesn't know about me and there are a lot of things that I still don't know about her. But it all comes down to the fact that I have someone who I can laugh with, cry with, and learn with. She inspires me so much everyday. She's my sister in Christ... ;)

But anyways. So after we had our froyo (frozen yogurt, for those of you who don't know...), I got on the light rail to go home.

The first thing I noticed when I boarded the light rail was this group of old ladies. Four of them. Maybe in their 50's. They looked like they were on their way home after a fun day of sightseeing in Phoenix. They were chuckling together and looking at the sights around them.

And then the light rail stopped suddenly. Apparently some felony was on the loose and the light rail driver guy had spotted him. So the cops came and arrested him. Scary. D:

Anyways, the ladies were so worried and confused because this was their first time on the light rail. But they got over it and tried to make the best of the situation. They ate Tootsie Rolls together and talked about their day together. It was endearing.

I guess what I learned was that I hope that even when I'm old, I'll still have my friends who I can have fun adventures with. And I guess you could say that I got over my fear of getting old because of today.


Then I finally got home after like an hour. I'm going to try to make a lasagna tonight. Huzzah.

3 comments:

  1. Frozen yogurt sounds so good right now.. And I think a felony is an act, not a person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute.
    I hope you, me, Lakshmi, Cassie, and Steph are like those sweet old ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH YEAH! hahaha... silly me... i guess i meant criminal... :\

    and yes olivia, i do too... ^_^

    ReplyDelete